United Voice members are on the front line; making our workplaces, industries and communities better places to work and live.
Together, United Voice members continue to win; winning better conditions for members at work, winning back-pay for workers who have been underpaid, and lets not forget that big win - helping to remove Colin Barnett and bringing in a worker friendly Labor Government for WA.
- Big win! Hundreds of Education Support Workers back in schools!
- Members at Crown win 7% pay rise and secure penalty rates
- Underpayments uncovered at Beverley Hospital
- Nurses win pay rise and keep conditions
- Big Steps Campaign wins ACTU Innovative Campaign award!
- Meet your new Health & Education Ministers
All of this is possible because of the contributions you make to your union, personal and financial. But we know times are not easy right now - you don't need to look far to see people struggling.
Which is why we've made the big decision not to increase your Union fees, keeping them at the low rate you are used to!
Over the next year, we have some big opportunities and challenges ahead of us:
- Reversing cuts to penalty rates in Hospitality.
- Proceed with the Equal Pay Case at the Fair Work Commission
- Continue the fight for professional wages in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Ensure Disability Support Workers pay and conditions are maintained under the NDIS
- Campaign for better Aged Care funding so older Australians get the care they deserve
- Improve access to Domestic Violence leave for workers in all industries
- Work with the McGowan Government to secure permanent jobs in Health and Education
- Work with the McGowan Government to improve accountability at St John Ambulance
Check out some of the stories, photos and videos of the last year:
- ECEC 2016 - A big year in review
- Launching the 50 Day Wave 4 Change!! (album)
- United Voice members rally at Parliament to say #ByeByeBarnett (story)
- Government needs to intervene after report finds SJA 'failed' paramedics (story)
And who could forget this fun video we made to reject being labelled 'thugs' and say #ByeByeBarnett
Find us on social media: